Gambling complaint form | ACMA

Gambling complaint form

How to make a complaint about prohibited or unlicensed services

You can make a complaint to the ACMA if you have reason to believe that a prohibited interactive gambling service or an unlicensed regulated interactive gambling service is being provided to Australian customers or advertised in Australia. For more information see Interactive gambling.

Your complaint should be made using this online complaint form or by post to:

Manager, Interactive Gambling Taskforce

Australian Communications and Media Authority

PO BOX Q500 Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230

You are able to remain anonymous when you complain to the ACMA if you wish.

The ACMA's jurisdiction and role under the IGA does not include taking action on behalf of Australians who have deposited money with gambling sites. This means the ACMA is not able to assist you with recouping money from internet gambling services.

If you have experienced an issue recovering money from an internet gambling service, you may wish to seek independent legal advice or consider making a complaint to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. You may also wish to contact the relevant licensing authority

Complaints about gambling advertisements on broadcasting services

If your complaint is about an advertisement on TV or radio for a licensed gambling service or the promotion of live odds during a live sports broadcast, the complaint must be made to the broadcaster first. For further information, go to broadcasting complaints.

Back to top