FYSO six-monthly report
The Five-year spectrum outlook 2018-22 (FYSO) six-monthly progress report provides an update on planned activities outlined in the most recent FYSO.
The progress report has nine tables that show the ACMA’s 2018–19 work program for 1 July to 31 December 2018. Where applicable, it provides reasons for any timeframe slippage or change in direction.
Correction: This document was updated on 12 March 2019 to amend progress updates for the 1.5 GHz band in Tables 1 and 3.
Final 2018–22 FYSO released
The Five-year spectrum outlook 2018–22 (FYSO) presents the ACMA’s spectrum management priorities for the next five years, and includes a detailed work plan for the next year.
In May 2018, the ACMA released a draft FYSO for feedback. All feedback was considered, and we improved the final 2018–22 FYSO as a result. The 2018–22 FYSO announces key elements of a revised allocation work program, signals planning priorities, and updates progress on implementation of the Spectrum Review and new radiocommunications legislation.
Highlights of the final 2018–22 FYSO include:
- an overview of the ACMA’s spectrum management priorities and issues over the current financial year and spanning the next five years
- the high priority given to band planning and the allocation of spectrum, including the forthcoming 3.6 GHz auction
- consideration of 5G, IoT and space communications as key drivers of spectrum demand and their associated pressures.
We thank all submitters for their valued feedback, which can be found in the Addendum to FYSO 2018–22: Response to submissions.
On 14 September 2018, the ACMA corrected a typographical error in the FYSO 2018–22 regarding the minister’s decision date on the potential timing of allocations for the 850/900 MHz band to Q1–2 2019–20 in the following tables:
- Potential timing of allocations table
- Table 3: Major price-based allocations
- Table 16: Potential timing of allocations.
On 13 September 2018, the ACMA also made the following correction to the Addendum to FYSO 2018–22: Response to submissions document:
- Corrected a typographical error regarding the reference to 5351.5–5366.5 kHz.
|FYSO progress update July-December 2018
|Five-year spectrum outlook 2018–22
|Addendum to FYSO 2018–22: Response to submissions